Thursday, March 17, 2016

Looking back at paper #2

The original design I came up with for this paper was not enough to meet the amount of information I wanted to include in the paper. When I first started to write this paper I personally had a slight negative feel towards GMFs which made my first outline focus more on the negative effects. While I researched I found that there was a lot more positives to be found than negatives. I felt that was important to include into the paper.
When I started to actually write this paper I was writing like I was still in high school. I was trying to use the quotes to tell the reader what I wanted to say rather than using the quotes to support me. When I figured out what I was doing I went back and paraphrased a lot more and shorten quotes and explained them myself. I also found it very helpful when we talked about how to set up paragraphs for this type of paper. The paper become ½ as difficult when I started making more transition sentences and introducing authors and giving why they have authority on the topic. Like Dr. Wielgos said in class when you write that way you really only have to write two sentences a paragraph that strictly come from you.

I found as I wrote this paper APA came easier and I actually started not minding using it. When researching and I found papers that were formatted in APA I found it easier to under and I could quickly identify if I was going to be able to use it. I believe I accomplished what I set out to do I wanted to shed light on GMFs and the opposition and possible dangers for it, and I think I expanded on that by including why it is needed and will be needed in the coming future.

No comments:

Post a Comment